At Greatfields School we aim to raise the aspirations of our young people. We want to promote better access to all career pathways and help our students to make good choices when planning the next steps of their career.
Our programme of careers education will provide students with opportunities to develop and apply the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to make realistic career decisions, focusing on the following areas of provision:
- Developing skills and raising student aspirations; looking at their strengths and weaknesses
- Considering equality of opportunity in careers and making informed life choices
- Exploring employability skills
- Identifying strengths, career options as part of the GCSE/Post 16 options process
- Understanding how to access and be prepared for the world of work.
- Knowing how to research careers information and different options and pathways
- Giving careers guidance that encourages life-long learning and improves students social capital
- Access to an independent and impartial careers advisor who will guide them in making well informed decisions along the way
- Understanding the importance of work-related skills; enterprise activities; voluntary opportunities; work placements and meeting a wide range of local and national employers and agencies
Year 10 Work Experience:
Careers Contact information:
Ms Asma Khanom – Careers and Extended Curriculum Lead
Telephone: 0203 3946 5900
Careers Provider Access Policy:
Greatfields Careers Provider Access Policy
Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance and Employability Learning Policy
Greatfields Baker Clause Policy Statement
Greatfields School Extended Learning and Careers Provision:
Greatfields Career Provision 18/19
Greatfields Career Provision 19/20
Greatfields Career Provision 20/21
Greatfields Career Provision 22/23
Please click on the link below to view a Careers resources document with lots of links to help with future choices on careers:
All students at Greatfields have access to Unifrog, an excellent destinations platform. This is used throughout the key stages and allows students to track their achievements, goals and aspirations for the future. Unifrog supports our students in carefully matching opportunities to individual interests and aspirations. We encourage our students to explore the different pathways at post-16, including apprenticeships and training, FE provision and other 6th form providers.
Follow our Post 16 Tab for more ways you can support your child:
Labour Market information:
As part of the Government’s strategy on Careers it is recommended that information about the local economy and the local jobs market is displayed and made available to parents and students. Please find this information below.
National Careers Service – How to use labour market information
A short animation commissioned by Education Development Trust, prime contractor of the National Careers Service, to inform teaching professionals about the role of labour market information in schools, and how to use it to enhance the careers education, information, advice and guidance provided in lessons.
National Careers Service – Labour Market Information – YouTube
Explore LMI data – LMI For All
LMI Explorer (sacu-student.com)
MiDES Data Hub | Labour Market Information (rcultd.co.uk)
How we measure and assess the impact of the careers programme on pupils:
As an education establishment we ensure we use the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks as a foundation when planning our Careers Strategy. The effectiveness of our provision is inspected and audited by the Careers and Enterprise Company using the Compass Careers Benchmark Tool. This tool is used by schools and colleges in England to support the analysis and evaluation of careers activity against the eight benchmarks of best practice (known as the Gatsby Benchmarks). The Careers and Enterprise Company coordinate the Audit deadlines. This ensures the development of our careers strategy is ongoing to ensure best practice.
Current Review Completed: October 2022
Date of our next review: November 2023
In line with the recommendations set out in Gatsby Benchmark 1, we as a school plan to review the published information on an annual basis.