At Greatfields Sixth Form, we aim to give you as much support as you need in order for you to make informed decisions about your future education and career. Whether you are set on going to University or not, we will provide you with a range of opportunities for you to get involved in. In a highly competitive jobs market, it is important you set yourself apart by showing you are committed to involve yourself with extra activities outside of your lessons. This will include:
University Open Days
Taster days at universities
Widening Participation programmes
Future Learn courses
Higher Education Conferences
UCL personal statement workshop
Inspirational Speakers from leading UK companies
- Regular support and advice from your Tutor and the Sixth Form team.
- Detailed guidance and advice on university application procedures (UCAS) plus visits to university open days and Higher Education conferences.
- Careers advice to match your desired destination post sixth form, including guidance on apprenticeships, work experience and employment.
- Students are provided with a Unifrog account that supports the students with university searches, with personal statement writing and their UCAS application.
- We also offer Year 12 students the opportunity to take up a personal work placement in the summer term.
Greatfields enrichment programme provides a range of opportunities for students to try new things and further enhance their personal statements. Clubs will be available for Sixth form students with where their interests lie. Enrichment opportunities includes:
- Cooking on a student budget
- Sports competitions
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Sport Leaders