Year 6 Parents
We understand what an important decision the choice of secondary school for your child is and we’re honoured that you are considering Greatfields. It is important that you make an informed decision and therefore we will be holding a series of events to allow you to meet our wonderful staff and students:
Year 6 Open Evening – Monday 13th September from 7pm
We are delighted to invite you to our Open Evening which takes place on Monday 13th September from 7pm. The evening will run as follows:
· There will be two presentations from the Headteacher. The first will start at 7pm and the second at 7.45pm. The presentations will be the same and parents can attend either.
· Tours of the school will take place, led by our students, throughout the evening.
· Each subject will have a display area, exhibiting work from their subject and parents will be able to talk to teachers from every subject.
· If parents miss the first presentation at 7pm, they can join a tour and then attend the second presentation at 7.45pm.
· Those parents that attend the first presentation will be able to take part in a tour afterwards.
· All of our staff will be available on the evening to answer any questions you may have about the school.
Year 6 Open Mornings – Wednesday 15th September and Thursday 16th September at 9am
· All parents are welcome to attend either of our Open Mornings.
· You will receive a guided tour of the school from one of our students .
· If you would like to attend one of the Open Mornings please call the School Office, in order to book a place.
In order to reduce the risks of COVID transmission we will ensure that the building is well ventilated; there will be two presentations in order to avoid the hall becoming too crowded; and the number of people in each tour group will also be limited. We would ask you to limit the number of people you bring with you in order to reduce numbers on site where possible.
We look forward to meeting many of you soon and thank you for considering Greatfields as your child’s secondary school.
My warmest wishes
Welcome to Greatfields School which lies within the heart of the Gascoigne community in Barking, East London.
We opened in September 2016 and currently have Years 7-11, with approximately 750 students on roll. We will eventually grow to become a 10 form entry school with 1,800 pupils, including a Sixth Form, in purpose-built new accommodation. We are currently in Phase Two of our permanent site and the final Phase is due to be completed in 2021/22. Our mission is to provide the young people of this community with a first class education and to equip them with the skills and knowledge they will need to achieve their future dreams. Greatfields is built on three simple principles:
1) Teaching and learning which stretches and challenges our students.
2) A culture of positive behaviour.
3) High aspirations for all students.
I passionately believe that a high quality education is the most important factor in providing our young people with the greatest chance to succeed in life. I will work tirelessly with students, parents, governors, teachers and other members of the community to ensure that we build a school of which we can all be proud.